Following the excellent feedback from visitors to Loch Ness Knit Fest 2016, we are delighted to announce the Highland Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers will be joining us again this year at Inverness Ice Centre for Loch Ness Knit Fest 2017.
The ladies of the Highland Guild will be on hand and only too happy to give you a demonstration and some equipment, visitors can have a go on themselves.
- spinning on drop spindles and spinning wheels
- rigid heddle weaving
- mini “quilt weaver looms”
- peg loom
- inkle looms
- guess the fibres board
- preparation of fleece by carding with hand carders and a drum carder
- display of naturally dyed fleece plus the processes and plants used
- displays of hand spun yarn often with hand dyed fibres
- finished items from yarn that has been hand-spun and/or hand-dye
Most of the equipment the Highland Guild will bring, will be demonstrated on request and is available for people to have a go on. The ladies are keen to engage the public with their activities and will happily guide visitors on their first steps to trying the crafts! Again a thank you to the ladies for joining us again this year.
More information on the Highland Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers can be found HERE